TV-106 Challenger 3 tube tuner
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Olympic Radio & Television, Inc.; New York (NY)
- 1949 ?
- Television Receiver (TV) or Monitor
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Valves / Tubes
- 6J6 6J6 6J6 6AG5 6AG5 6AG5 6AG5 6AL5 12AU7 6BA6 6BA6 6AU6 6AL5 6AT6 6K6GT 6SN7GT 6SN7GT 6SN7GT 6BG6G 6W4GT 1B3GT 5U4G 10BP4
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- VHF incl. FM and/or UHF (see notes for details)
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 105-125 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) - elliptical
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: TV-106 Challenger [3 tube tuner] - Olympic Radio & Television,
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
10" CRT, tuning range channels 2 through 13, either with drum tuner CL-1428 or tuner CL-1623. Speaker 4" x 6".
The SAMS Photofact Set 67 Folder 15 specifies serial numbers E-10,000 to E-16,000 as applicable - however the only model that is covered more than once by SAMS is TV-922 (Set 58, Folder 14, Date 3/49) so we assume that the serial number range applies to model TV-922(L) only.
The document lists 3 different possible tuners in this TV set: CL-1428, CL-1633 and CL-1677, with the latter having 2 instead of 3 tubes. This model with 22 tubes is covered by model page TV-106 [2 tube tuner].
- Mentioned in
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Set 67, Folder 15, Date 8/49)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Rider's TV, 3-1
- Model page created by Mark Hippenstiel. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 571 models, 250 with images and 517 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Olympic Radio & Television, Inc.; New York (NY)