- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Philips Electrical, Lamps, Industrial - Miniwatt; London
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 470 kHz
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Batteries (any type) / AC/DC: 200; 220; 245 / 2 x 4.5 & 2 x 45 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Various materials
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 523UB -15 - Philips Electrical, Lamps,
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 12.25 x 11 x 6.75 inch / 311 x 279 x 171 mm
AC/DC mains or dry battery. Set has facility to "recharge" [more precise: refresh] the HT battery. Electrical and Radio Trading describes the circuitry as "Battery Vitalizing": When the receiver is fitted with batteries it is possible to prolong life of H.T. battery by "charging" it from the mains [...] Charging current is approximately 7 mA.
- Circuit diagram reference
- Radio and TV Servicing books (R&TVS) book
- Mentioned in
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Trader sheet 1104
- Model page created by Mario Coelho. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 424 models, 299 with images and 284 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Philips Electrical, Lamps, Industrial - Miniwatt; London
The model is part of the collections of the following members.