- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Philco, Philadelphia Stg. Batt. Co.; USA
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 460 kHz; 2 AF stage(s); Reaction
- Tuned circuits
- 4 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW), Police, sometimes also early TV (75-200m).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 117 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 4 inch = 10.2 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 57C - Philco, Philadelphia Stg. Batt
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 11 x 9 x 5 inch / 279 x 229 x 127 mm
Model 57C is a low cost 4-tube compact upright table radio, often referred to as a "pee-wee" or "cigar box" design because of its compactness. It is part of a series of similar 4-tube models with different styles of compact cabinets, which included the 53C (1933), the 57C (1933), the 58C (1934), the 59C (1934-35), and 59S (1934-35). These 4-tube designs use regeneration in the IF amplifier to improve sensitivity.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 5.1 kg / 11 lb 3.7 oz (11.233 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 15.00 $
- External source of data
- Ernst Erb
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 4 = ca. 1934 and before
- Mentioned in
- Table Top Radios Vol. 1 Stein 98
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Philco Radio 1928-1942 (Philco 1928-36 Wiring Diagrams, Parts Lists, and Essential Service Data)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Machine Age to Jet Age II (page 211.)
- Literature/Schematics (3)
- Philco Folder for 1933/34.
- Literature/Schematics (4)
- Spiegel Catalogs (Aircastle) (Spring/Summer 1934, No. 137, page 178.)
- Other Models
Here you find 3840 models, 2136 with images and 3229 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Philco, Philadelphia Stg. Batt. Co.; USA
The model 57C is part of the collections of the following members.