BX680A (BX680A /00)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Philips; Eindhoven (tubes international!); Miniwatt
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 452 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and more than two Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110; 125; 145; 200; 220; 240 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 19 cm = 7.5 inch
- Power out
- 4 W (unknown quality)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: BX680A - Philips; Eindhoven tubes
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 570 x 400 x 245 mm / 22.4 x 15.7 x 9.6 inch
AM radio for external antenna:
- LW: 150 - 420 kHz.
- BC: 420 - 1620 kHz.
- SW1: 8,1 - 5,9 MHz (37m - 50m with bandspread 49-50m).
- SW2: 9,67 - 7,06 MHz (31m - 42,5m with bandspread 40-42m).
- SW3: 12,5 - 9,43 MHz (24m - 31,8m with bandspread 30-31m).
- SW4: 15,8 - 11,6 MHz (19m - 25,8m with bandspread 25m).
- SW5: 19,3 - 15 MHz (15,5m - 20m with bandspread 19-20m).
- SW6: 23,08 - 17,65 MHz (13m - 17m with bandspread 15-16m).
By connecting a capacitor in series with the tuning capacitor, the total capacity change per unit of rotation is no longer linear but has the effect of stretching the chosen shortwave band when the tuning capacitor is turned in (at lowest frequency or highest meters).
Loudspeaker: 9702-05 (7Ω, with soundwave diffuser).Dial lamp: 2x 8045D (E10, 6.3V/320mA).
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 11.5 kg / 25 lb 5.3 oz (25.33 lb)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Model page created by a member from B. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 5130 models, 4248 with images and 3381 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Philips; Eindhoven (tubes international!); Miniwatt