- Manufacturer / Brand
- Philips; Eindhoven (tubes international!); Miniwatt
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 452 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and more than two Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110; 125; 145; 200; 220; 245 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 23.5 cm = 9.3 inch
- Power out
- 8 W (unknown quality)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: BX760X - Philips; Eindhoven tubes
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 670 x 390 x 260 mm / 26.4 x 15.4 x 10.2 inch
Retail price in Switzerland: 850 SFr.
Basically the same radio as BX760A but the BX760X can be converted for DC mains using a vibrating converter, type 7897C. See the technical documents uploaded with this model for all the differences.
AM radio for external antenna:
The radio contains a 6-section variable capacitor from which 3 sections are used for the LW and BC band, the 3 other sections are used for the shortwave bands. These shortwave sections have each 2 large gaps in every plate to permit a slower change in capacitance when turned in, thus effectively stretching the tuning scale in those areas. See the technical documents uploaded with this model.
- LW: 150 - 424 kHz.
- BC: 536 - 1714 kHz.
- SW1: 5,94 - 9,8 MHz (30,4m - 51m with bandspread at 41m and 49m).
- SW2: 9,5 - 15,46 MHz (19,4m - 31,6m with bandspread at 25m and 31m).
- SW3: 15,07 - 22,55 MHz (13,3m - 20m with bandspread at 16m and 20m).
Amplifier: Class AB push-pull with (contrast-) expander and signal limiter to avoid clipping at maximum output power. Also physiological volume control (loudness) and sound quality selector with 5 positions or presets (equiliser).
Loudspeaker: 9634-05 or 9734-05 (both 7Ω, 23.5 cm, with soundwave diffuser).
Dial lamps: 2x 8045D (E10, 6.3V/320mA).
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 18 kg / 39 lb 10.4 oz (39.648 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 650.00 Hfl
- External source of data
- E. Erb 3-907007-36-0
- Circuit diagram reference
- Thali-Schemasammlung und Tungsram-Röhrenbestückung.
- Mentioned in
- Funkgeschichte der GFGF (9389)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Other Models
Here you find 5143 models, 4262 with images and 3399 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Philips; Eindhoven (tubes international!); Miniwatt