- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Philips Electrical, Lamps, Industrial - Miniwatt; London
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 128 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and Short Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 100; 125; 145; 200; 220; 245 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Theatrette V5A - Philips Electrical, Lamps,
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 16.75 x 13.5 x 7.5 inch / 425 x 343 x 191 mm
- The two British Philips models V5A and V7A with the same cabinet have no chassis. The components are fixed to the inner Bakelite structure. This is quite a challenge for a repair. This Philips unit should be the cheap Philips answer to the Philco Peoples Set at those times.
There are similar cabinets as V4A and V6A in the Netherlands. Theatrette is a (later) nickname of the collectors. The Philips V7A features a tone control switch on the left-hand side and both have at the right-hand side the wave-range switch.
- Source of data
- Radio! Radio!
- Mentioned in
- Hawes: Radio Art, p90
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Trader Service Sheet (suppl. of Wireless & El. Trader, etc.) (Number 220 of June 12, 1937 (V+ Supplement))
- Model page created by Konrad Birkner † 12.08.2014. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 425 models, 301 with images and 285 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Philips Electrical, Lamps, Industrial - Miniwatt; London