Dragon Monarch L 8 B
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Pilot Electric Mfg. Co. (Radio Corp.); Brooklyn (NY)
- 1933 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Pilot Radio & Television || Pilot Radio and Tube || Pilot Radio Corporation
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 115 kHz
- Wave bands
- Wave Bands given in the notes.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 240 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Dragon Monarch L 8 B - Pilot Electric Mfg. Co. Radio
- Table-Cathedral-Type (upright, round top or gothic arch, not rounded edges only).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 15.7 x 11 x 18.9 inch / 399 x 279 x 480 mm
The Pilot Dragon L 8 B uses the same tube layout as Pilot Dragon Allwave 8 and the same cabinet as the Pilot Dragon 18 8-Tube L-8 and the Pilot L-30-F (but not the same tube layout). It was obtained in Africa and ran on 240 volts and may possibly be an export model.
The band selector switch is marked BC-1-2-3, however besides standard broadcast, it is not known what the range of the other bands are at this time.
- Model page created by Jon Cockcroft. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 516 models, 246 with images and 380 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Pilot Electric Mfg. Co. (Radio Corp.); Brooklyn (NY)