- Manufacturer / Brand
- Plessey Rola/Plessey Australia Pty. Limited; Villawood, NSW
- Military Transceiver (TRX)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Wave bands
- Wave Bands given in the notes.
- Power type and voltage
- Batteries / addl. power jack / 28 Volt
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: RAVEN RT-200 - Plessey Rola/Plessey Australia
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 252 x 85 x 229 mm / 9.9 x 3.3 x 9 inch
HF, Synthesized Military Transceiver with data capabilities.
Developed by Plessey for the Australian Army in the 1980’s as part of the RAVEN Project for radio systems with data capabilities that could be used as man packs or vehicle mounted covering the HF and VHF bands.
Two radios were developed and introduced. The HF Raven RT-F100 in 1985 and the VHF Raven RT-F200 in 1988.
20 – 88 MHz in 25 kHz steps
20 mW to 5 W in 6 steps. 50 W RF Amp available for vehicle use
FM Voice, FM Data, 16 kbit FM
Voice- Better than -117 dBm for 10dB SINAD
Data - Better than -117 dBm for 10% BER
Electronic counter-counter measures by external module
28 VDC battery or vehicle
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 4.5 kg / 9 lb 14.6 oz (9.912 lb)
- Mentioned in
- -- Original prospect or advert (HRSA Radio Waves Magazine #151, Jan 2020 Project Raven by Ray Robinson)
- Model page created by Gary Cowans. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 23 models, 16 with images and 0 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Plessey Rola/Plessey Australia Pty. Limited; Villawood, NSW