- Manufacturer / Brand
- Pye Electronics Pty Ltd, Melbourne
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 2 x 45 & 1.5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 8 inch = 20.3 cm
- Power out
- 0.25 W (unknown quality)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: APR - Pye Electronics Pty Ltd,
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
Radio Corporation made chassis electrically identical to Astor model PR.
This model has provision for connecting to external batteries.
- Price in first year of sale
- 38.50 AUS £
- Circuit diagram reference
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual Vol. XI
- Model page created by Stuart Irwin. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 28 models, 20 with images and 18 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Pye Electronics Pty Ltd, Melbourne