- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- RGD, Radio Gramophone Development; Birmingham
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 475 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 2 x 6 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 4 inch = 10.2 cm
- Power out
- 0.1 W (unknown quality)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: B56A - RGD, Radio Gramophone
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 226 x 145 x 67 mm / 8.9 x 5.7 x 2.6 inch
LW is a single preset station adjustable to 200kHz,
Includes a car aerial socket in the back.
Batteries used are 2 x PP1 6 volts each.
- Model page created by Mike Edwards. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 140 models, 106 with images and 66 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from RGD, Radio Gramophone Development; Birmingham