- Manufacturer / Brand
- Kenwood, Trio-Kenwood Inc.; Komagane
- Amateur-Receiver (amateur bands, may include broadcast bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Trio Corp.
- Brand: Jennen
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 455 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast plus more than 2 Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110/220 Volt
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 9R-4J - Kenwood, Trio-Kenwood Inc.;
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 395 x 210 x 305 mm / 15.6 x 8.3 x 12 inch
AM/CW with BFO, ANL, AVC/MVC. In Europe under the Jennen-Label and in the US-Market as Lafayette HE-10. Kit-Form avaliable. Also as OTRA 9R-4J. Looks very similar to Hallicrafters S-38 (which has fewer tubes and no RFstage). Needs a speaker with output-transformer!
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 9 kg / 19 lb 13.2 oz (19.824 lb)
- External source of data
- Eilert Menke
- Mentioned in
- Shortwave Receivers - Past & Present (3rd ed.)
- Model page created by a member from D. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 814 models, 749 with images and 222 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Kenwood, Trio-Kenwood Inc.; Komagane
Forum contributions about this model: Kenwood, Trio-: 9R-4J
Threads: 1 | Posts: 1
This radio is also named: OTRA 9R-4J.
Under that name this radio was imported in the Netherlands by the firm "Jennen" in Amsterdam.
with reference to the book: Hoe word ik zendamateur, published by "de Muiderkring - Bussum".
Jan Terranea, 22.Apr.10