Coronation Twin R786
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Ultra Electric Ltd.; London
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Ultra Radio and Television
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 471 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Batteries (any type) / 200-250/85+7,5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 5 inch = 12.7 cm
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Coronation Twin R786 - Ultra Electric Ltd.; London
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 12 x 8.5 x 6.5 inch / 305 x 216 x 165 mm
- Released April 1953 price £13 10s 4d plus purchase tax. AC/DC mains or battery.
- Source of data
- Radio! Radio!
- Mentioned in
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Trader Service Sheet (suppl. of Wireless & El. Trader, etc.) (1100)
- Model page created by Konrad Birkner † 12.08.2014. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 226 models, 138 with images and 149 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Ultra Electric Ltd.; London
Forum contributions about this model: Ultra Electric Ltd.;: Coronation Twin R786
Threads: 1 | Posts: 6
Hi everyone, Does anyone know where I can find a suitable mains lead or find a connector that will fit the Ultra R786.
I have obtained this set and it is missing.
I have been told the Bush DAC90A Plug might be the same?
The measurement bewteen pin centres on the DAC90A being 17mm. (0.67inches)
Jamie Skinner, 23.Dec.11