B508W "The Majorette" Ch= 5Z05
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago, IL
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Chicago Radio Lab
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / Either AC: 60Hz, 110 to 120V or DC: 110 to 120 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 3.5 inch = 8.9 cm
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: B508W "The Majorette" Ch= 5Z05 - Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago,
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 9.5625 x 5 x 5.375 inch / 243 x 127 x 137 mm
The Zenith B508W is an AC/DC operated 5 tube BC band receiver. The BC band frequency tuning range is 535 to 1620kHz. Has internal loop antenna.
The following models use the same chassis, schematic and cabinet but have different cabinet colors:
Model Chassis Cabinet Color B508R 5Z05 Maroon with white front B508W 5Z05 White with white front
The SAMS Photofact Set 353, Folder 17 calls out model Z508B, Z508L and Z508V. However the SAMS index for the B508 series refers to this same Set and Folder and so therefore is applicable for this model also. The same applies to the Beitman reference.
WARNING: One side of the AC line is connected to the chassis. When servicing this radio, an isolation transformer should be used between the power line and the radio.
- Price in first year of sale
- 19.95 USD
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Set 353, folder 17 dated 4-57)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Beitman Radio Diagrams, Vol. 17, 1957 (Page 177)
- Model page created by Hans Amberger. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 4474 models, 4072 with images and 3567 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago, IL