- Manufacturer / Brand
- Zenith Radio Co. Ltd.; Sydney, NSW
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 455 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- Storage and/or dry batteries / 1.5, 2 x 45 & 2 x 1.5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 5 inch = 12.7 cm
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Calstan 524P - Zenith Radio Co. Ltd.; Sydney,
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 12.25 x 11.5 x 7.75 inch / 311 x 292 x 197 mm
Features: 5V, D/W; 5" speaker; tuned R.F. stage both bands; recessed aerial for internal or external operation; suitcase-type carrying handle; leatherette-covered wooden case in blue, brown or black; overall size 12¼" x 11½" x 7¾"; weighs 16½ lbs.; dial light fed from independent torch cells.
Retail selling price: £29/10/-.
Battery types used:
- (A) 1 x 745 (Eveready) or 3745 (Diamond)
- (B) 2 x 482 (Eveready) or 3482 (Diamond)
- (Dial Lights) 2 x D-Cells
See also mantel cabinet version Model 524.
- Price in first year of sale
- 29.95 AUS £
- Mentioned in
- Radio Electrical Weekly, Portables Supplement, 29/10/1948.
- Model page created by Martin Kent. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 84 models, 38 with images and 10 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Zenith Radio Co. Ltd.; Sydney, NSW