Symphony Leader Ch= 549
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Airzone (1931) Ltd.; Sydney
- 1939 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 456 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 200-250 Volt Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil)
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Symphony Leader Ch= 549 - Airzone 1931 Ltd.; Sydney
- Tablemodel, high profile (upright - NOT Cathedral nor decorative).
6 valve, universally powered superhet.
The illuminated dial changes colour from amber to green when switched between AM and Shortwave.
The power was applied to the radio through a plug mounted on the rear left hand side of the radio cabinet. The plug had to be removed before removing the rear cover.
Chassis also used in Model 5069.
- Mentioned in
- -- Collector info (Sammler)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual AORSM (Vol 4, 1941, Page 26.)
- Model page created by Gary Cowans. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 283 models, 117 with images and 150 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Airzone (1931) Ltd.; Sydney