- Manufacturer / Brand
- Amalgamated Wireless (Australasia) Ltd. (AWA); Sydney
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- Storage and/or dry batteries / 2 x 45 & 1.5 & 3 or 4 or 6 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) - elliptical
- Power out
- 0.2 W (undistorted)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Radiola 558-TC - Amalgamated Wireless
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 610 x 350 x 265 mm / 24 x 13.8 x 10.4 inch
This model could be powered in three ways; from dry batteries using a type 19801 battery cable, from a 4 volt accumulator using a type 19190 synchronous vibrator power unit, or a 6 volt accumulator using a type 22770 synchronous vibrator power unit. When on dry batteries, a three volt battery is required for the dial lights.
This radio uses the same cabinet design as the AWA Model 656TA.
- Circuit diagram reference
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual Vol. XIV
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (AWA Radiola Technical Information & Service Data.)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual AORSM (Volume 14, 1956, Page 81..)
- Model page created by Stuart Irwin. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 1354 models, 711 with images and 406 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Amalgamated Wireless (Australasia) Ltd. (AWA); Sydney