- Manufacturer / Brand
- Breville; Sydney
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 469 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 220-260 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 12 inch = 30.5 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Surrey 99 - Breville; Sydney
- Console with any shape - in general
BREVILLE'S NEW SEASON RELEASE
16 New Models
THE recent release of Breville Radio's new season's models has evoked considerable favourable comment from retailers in many parts.
This exhaustive range includes 16 models, and with various cabinet combinations, is extended to about 51 different types.
- The price range of the extends from 18 gns. for the 5-valve dual wave mantel model, up to 39 gns. for the 7-valve dual wave console and the 5-valve dual wave vibrator type set.
- All types except Model 96 5-valve standard dual wave, posess the Breville Ferrodine iron core I.F. coils for long distance reception, and separation of all stations.
- Each of the Breville sets is equipped with the Mammoth 8in. glass Edgelit dial with stations of the particular State printed extra large for ease and certainty of tuning. Specially matched 8, 10 and 12 inch electro-dynamic loudspeakers provide for maximum tone.
- The A.C./D.C. series, the A.C. series, and both battery and vibrator series, have full A.V.C.
- Every dual wave set includes 16 meter band.
- All console sets, except those fitted in the utility consoles, have Mammoth 8in Edgelit dials.
The head office and factory of Breville radio is situated at 486 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, and it is understood that expansion of business requires additional factory space, and Breville Radio will shortly be moving into new premises.
In Victoria distribution is carried out by Breville Radio Pty. Ltd, 191 Queen Street, Melbourne; in Brisbane by O. Thomas, King House, Queen Street, Brisbane; in Adelaide by Stott and Hoare (S.A.) Ltd., 21 Grenfell Street, Adelaide; and in Perth by Stott and Hoare Typewriters Ltd., 55 William Street, Perth.
(From Radio Retailer of Australia, 14/5/1937, Page 4)
- Price in first year of sale
- 40.95 AUS £
- Mentioned in
- (The) Radio Retailer of Australia (Vol. 12, No 16 (237th Issue), 14/5/1937.)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual AORSM (Volume 1, 1938, Page 74 (shown as Model 98).)
- Model page created by Martin Kent. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 453 models, 170 with images and 167 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Breville; Sydney