1000 Bullet octal tubes only
- Produttore / Marca
- Fada Radio & Electric Co.; Long Island (NY)
- Radio (o sintonizzatore del dopoguerra WW2)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Andrea-Radio || Nater, Henri, Atlanta-Radio; Zürich
Clicca sulla miniatura dello schema per richiederlo come documento gratuito.
- Numero di tubi
- Principio generale
- Supereterodina (in generale); ZF/IF 456 kHz; 2 Stadi BF
- N. di circuiti accordati
- 5 Circuiti Mod. Amp. (AM)
- Gamme d'onda
- Solo onde medie (OM).
- Tensioni di funzionamento
- Alimentazione universale (doppia: CC/CA) / 117 Volt
- AP magnetodinamico (magnete permanente e bobina mobile) / Ø 4 inch = 10.2 cm
- Modello: 1000 Bullet [octal tubes only] - Fada Radio & Electric Co.;
- Radio di design, novelty, gadget, pubblicitaria o di forma inusuale
- Dimensioni (LxAxP)
- 10.5 x 6.5 x 5 inch / 267 x 165 x 127 mm
Cabinets in several gorgeous color combinations resembling precious stones.
There are three chassis versions. The difference is in the tube complement, but there is no individual marking. We use the different tube base to distinguish.
- the first issue employed octal tubes only.
- the next issue has a mix of octals and 7pin miniatures
- The last issue got 7pin miniatures only.
- Prezzo nel primo anno
- 35.50 $
- Fonte esterna dei dati
- Ernst Erb
- Fonte dei dati
- The Radio Collector's Directory and Price Guide 1921 - 1965
- Riferimenti schemi
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 15 = 1947 and before
- Collector's Guide to Antique Radios 4. Edition
- Letteratura / Schemi (1)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Set 1 folder 461-17 date 6-46)
- Letteratura / Schemi (2)
- Radio Retailing (Radio & Television R.) (March 1946 page 19, 38. April 1946 page 13. June 1946 page 13. July 1946 page 5. August 1946 page 13)
- Altri modelli
In questo link sono elencati 735 modelli, di cui 433 con immagini e 502 con schemi.
Elenco delle radio e altri apparecchi della Fada Radio & Electric Co.; Long Island (NY)
Discussioni nel forum su questo modello: Fada Radio &: 1000 Bullet
Argomenti: 3 | Articoli: 8
Although there is no manufacturers indication at the model name Type 1000 there are variants in the tube lineup.
That was clearly factory made, since different socket combinations were used.
Up to now I found the following variations:
#1) Octal bases: 12SK7, 12SA7, 12SK7, 12SQ7, 35L6GT, 35Z5GT; backplate in accordance. This could be the initial version.
#2) Miniature bases: 12BA6, 12BE6, 12BA6, 12AT6, 35L6, 35W4; printed on backplate. not in accordance with the real assembly (see #3).
#3) Mixed bases: 12BA6, 12BE6, 12SK7(GT), 12AT6, 35L5, 35W4; not printed anywhere. The IF tube in of an Octal type rather than a Miniature base (as printed on the backplate), which is in contradiction to the backplate (see #2).
#4) there is an almost similar chassis in the Model 700 with probably exactly the same mechanical layout (dial and knobs apparently located as on the 1000): 12BA6, 12BE6, 12BA6, 12AT6, 35B5, 35W4; but the Power tube has completely different base connections (is not easily replaced by a 35L5). I think this chassis would match the Bullet case.
The problem is that there is not the least hint from the front and side view which variant might hide behind the Catalin body.
Riders Perpetual as well as Beitman both show only #1 above.
All owners of a Bullet 1000 are kindly asked to check the tube lineup and the backplate caption (this for the tubes and the Model name as well) and report either here or by eMail. Also if there is a SW band, and if so, is it marked on the dial?
Strange enough: It is my impression that Catalin collectors are generally not interested in the interna of their valuable sets. All the Catalin radio literature I have seen is ignorant in this respect...funny!
You may find everything about colors, dials, knobs, but nothing about Tubes, principle, wave bands, supply, speaker...!
I really hope with YOUR help to bring some light into that matter.Any information is appreciated
Konrad Birkner † 12.08.2014, 13.Feb.06
My Fada 1000 has also 6 tubes, but they are: 12BE6;12BA6(2);12AT6;35L6GT and 35W4. Socket adaptors were used by manufactory.
Note from EE:
When writing in English - what is very welcome - please select English as the writing language, what I have done now. Otherwise this will not be seen by users which have selected English for their language. As a member you will soon be enabled to create a version or even to enter a new model. I think it is necessary that we get a page for each variation - except for color only changes.
Arpad Roth † 27.3.17, 09.Mar.04
Material: Catalin; Maße: 265 / 170 / 150 ; Superhet m.Hf-Vorstufe; 6Röhren: 12SK7 / 12SA7 / 12SK7 / 12SQ7 / 35L6 / 35Z5 ;
Eine genauere Überprüfung meiner Geräte zeigte, daß dies für das (erbsen)grüne gilt,während das rotbraun/bernsteinfarbene die modernere Bestückung aufweist (keine Oktalröhren mehr), wie auch obenstehend beschrieben.
Konrad Birkner † 12.08.2014, 06.Mar.04