Capehart 116N4 Sheraton
Farnsworth Television & Radio Corp. - see also Capehart
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Farnsworth Television & Radio Corp. - see also Capehart
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455/10700 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s) 9 FM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (BC) and FM or UHF.
- Record-Changer, both sides!
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 105 - 125 Volt
- 2 Loudspeakers / Ø 11.375 inch = 28.9 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Capehart 116N4 Sheraton - Farnsworth Television & Radio
- Console with any shape - in general
According to SAMS Photofact Folder Date 7-49, 4913-3, set 65, folder 3, the following 13 Capehart models were made by the Capehart division of Farnsworth Television and Radio Corp., Fort Wayne, Indiana and use the same chassis: 19N4, 24N4, 26N4, 31N4 with record changer P-63; 21P4, 24P4, 29P4, 30P4, 31P4 with record changer P-71 (Rider's); 114N4, 116N4, 116P4 (see video there) and 118P4 (see video there) with 41-E turn-over changer. Jensen 11 3/8" PM speaker ST-673 mod. P12-Q and built in 5" ST-589 mod. Q8-P coaxial within the big one - maybe only in "P" models.
The difference between the N4- and P4-series is the phono pre-amplifier tube: a 6SC7 is used in the P4-series and a 6J7 tube is used in the N4-series.
On top of that: the early N4-series differ in the circuit for tube 3 and 4 (AM RF - FM 1st IF and AM converter, only 2 gang var. cap. plus wave trap) instead of 3 in later ones. There is a filter choke. FM dipole antenna with an FM ant. coil and AM loop antenna are built in. See here the "Common information for the Capehart model pages for the 1930s and 1940s" and for the information about Series 100 here.
- External source of data
- Ernst Erb
- Source of data
- The Radio Collector's Directory and Price Guide 1921 - 1965
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 19 = 1949 and before
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Date 7-49, 4913-3, set 65, folder 3)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- The Incomparable Capehart
- Other Models
Here you find 396 models, 282 with images and 321 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Farnsworth Television & Radio Corp. - see also Capehart