- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- GBC Electronic Industries Ltd (G.B.C.); London
- Sound/Video Recorder and/or Player
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Wave bands
- - without
- Tape Recorder
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 4 x 1.5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Power out
- 0.02 W (unknown quality)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Clarion - GBC Electronic Industries Ltd
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 9.5 x 3.625 x 5 inch / 241 x 92 x 127 mm
Portable tape recorder, single speed (3.75 ips), 2 track, max spool size 3 inches. Later models use a PCB with modified circuit.
The record switch on the side disables the rewind function so recording cannot be accidentally erased. There is a monitor button below the speaker grill to disable the speaker, if required, whilst recording.
The tape heads are on the front of the tape so oxide faces the front, and spools appear to go backwards when compared to more conventional machines.
The original microphone is probably moving coil (approx. 450 ohm)
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 5 lb (5 lb 0 oz) / 2.270 kg
- Source of data
- -- Schematic
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Radio And Television Servicing books (R&TVS)
- Model page created by Keith Staines. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 3 models, 3 with images and 2 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from GBC Electronic Industries Ltd (G.B.C.); London