- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- ITT-KB; Foots Cray, Kent; (ITT Consumer Products (UK) Ltd. ex Kolster-Brandes)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 470/10700 kHz; 4 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s) 9 FM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave, Short Wave plus FM or UHF.
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 6 × 1,5 or 2 × 4,5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) - elliptical
- Power out
- 2 W (unknown quality)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: KR612 52140135 - ITT-KB; Foots Cray, Kent; ITT
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 278 x 187 x 76 mm / 10.9 x 7.4 x 3 inch
This model was made by ITT Schaub-Lorenz in Vienna, Austria. Having the units produced at the Ingelen factory was cheaper at the time for taxation reasons related to EFTA. In addition, a power unit NG3000 was included.
The equivalent Austrian domestic model is the Golf automatic 100, with minor cosmetic differences.
The wavebands on the dial are marked as FM, SW, MW, LW. The MW dial is marked with BBC Radio 4 stations North, Scotland, London, Midland, West. The FM dial is marked BBC2, BBC3, BBC4.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 2.5 kg / 5 lb 8.1 oz (5.507 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 26.45 UK £
- Mentioned in
- Radio! Radio! (Date and price from Radio Radio, (Hill), page 260)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Model page created by Ernst Erb. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 181 models, 152 with images and 73 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from ITT-KB; Foots Cray, Kent; (ITT Consumer Products (UK) Ltd. ex Kolster-Brandes)