- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Marconi Co. (Marconiphone, Marconi's Wireless Telegraph Co. Ltd.), GB (not tubes - see also HMV His Master's Voice)
- Television Receiver (TV) or Monitor
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Valves / Tubes
- MSP4 MSP4 MSP4 MSP4 MSP4 MSP41 D42 X41 VMP4G MHD4 KT41 MSP4 MSP4 D42 MS4B MS4B KT41 KT41 U12 U12 U16 6/4
- Main principle
- ZF/IF 1500 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Wave bands
- Wave Bands given in the notes.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 200-250 Volt
- Permanent or electro-dynamic (moving coil), system not known yet.
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 702 - Marconi Co. Marconiphone,
- Console with any shape - in general
Marconi 702; 12" 405 lines round CRT mirror in lid TV with GB channel 1 tuner.
TRF Vision receiver fixed tuned to 45MHz and Super Sound receiver fixed tuned to 41.5MHz. Early sets had 240/405 line switch to receive Baird or Marconi-EMI transmissions. Most switches were removed after TV service was resumed in 1946.
- Price in first year of sale
- 63.00 £
- Model page created by a member from A. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 490 models, 313 with images and 313 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Marconi Co. (Marconiphone, Marconi's Wireless Telegraph Co. Ltd.), GB (not tubes - see also HMV His Master's Voice)
The model is part of the collections of the following members.
Forum contributions about this model: Marconi Co.: 702
Threads: 1 | Posts: 3
I am trying to upload pictures for the Marconiphone 702 mirror-lid television receiver but the upload does not start. I have tried on several occasions on different days but have not succeeded. I use the "Uploads & Questions" button on the 702 page, fill in the form and hit "upload" but radiomuseum does not seem to accept my file. What am I doing wrong?
Brian Cuff † Nov 2017, 19.Nov.15