Wireless Set No.18
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- MILITARY U.K. (different makers for same model)
- Military Equipment (not Re, Tr or RXT)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Transceiver; ZF/IF 465 kHz
- Wave bands
- Short Wave (SW only)
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 150 & 3 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Wireless Set No.18 - MILITARY U.K. different makers
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 10.5 x 17.5 x 11 inch / 267 x 445 x 279 mm
- Wireless set No. 18: Short range man-pack transceiver covering 6 - 9 MHz, AM (A3) (CW, only in sets Mk.II / Mk.III), pout 0,25 Watt telephony;
powered by LT 3 V and HT 150 V dry batteries; used by British Army for short range communications between company and battalion HQ or carried as man-pack on march;
The original Wireless Set No.8 was produced around 1940, production was changed from the heavy steel cabinet to a lighweight version becoming the Wireless Set 18.
Very similar sets have been produced in USA (Wireless Set No.48), in Canada (Wireless Set No.58) and Australia (Wireless Set No.108)
In 1943, a low frequency variant has been developed, it became Wireless Set No.68.
- Mentioned in
- Wireless for the Warrior Vol. 1, L. Meulstee
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 143 models, 110 with images and 47 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from MILITARY U.K. (different makers for same model)