- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Norelco, North American Philips Co. Inc.; Dobbs Ferry and New York, NY
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Norelco
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 452/10700 kHz
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s) 11 FM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, 2 Short Wave plus FM or UHF.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 60 cycles: 90; 110; 127; 145; 190; 220 Volt
- 2 Loudspeakers
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: B5X98A - Norelco, North American
- Tablemodel with Push Buttons.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 21.25 x 12.75 x 8 inch / 540 x 324 x 203 mm
- Made by Philips Holland for Norelco (North American Philips). Export model (typical US dial, no station names as in Europe), similar to B5X92A. There is also a domestic model with the same designation which indicates "made in 1959". It consumes 64 watts at 117 volts (110 V Tap). Broadcast 517 - 1622 kc, SW 3.2 - 7.5 mc and 7.3 - 15.8 mc. FM 88-108 mc. See this video: ....youtube.com/watch?v=8j9flpM0Eug&NR=1 - with a Chinese Jazz song played by this set in China. Dial lamps: 2x 8024N (6,3V/0,3A).
- Source of data
- -- Collector info (Sammler)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (8-1961 Set 542 Folder 9)
- Model page created by Gottfried Silberhorn. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 73 models, 54 with images and 24 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Norelco, North American Philips Co. Inc.; Dobbs Ferry and New York, NY
Forum contributions about this model: Norelco, North: B5X98A
Threads: 1 | Posts: 2