- Manufacturer / Brand
- Siera; Belgien
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 128 kHz; 1 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and Short Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 110-125; 200-225 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 21.5 cm = 8.5 inch
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: S50U - Siera; Belgien
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 510 x 290 x 235 mm / 20.1 x 11.4 x 9.3 inch
3 Band reception:
Tuning scale light bulb type: 8092 (10V, 200mA).Loudspeaker Philips type 9636. Tone control. Current regulator C1 used for 200 - 225 V mains, C9 used for 110 - 130 V mains.As opposed to model S50A, this radio has no connectors for an external speaker or for pick-up.This model is comparable with Philips 470U.
- LW: 708 - 2000 m.
- BC: 198 - 585 m.
- SW: 16,7 - 51 m.
The original folder specifies DC mains supply for S50U, while the configuration is suitable for operation on AC/DC mains.
Attention: chassis connected to the mains !
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 9.7 kg / 21 lb 5.9 oz (21.366 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 1,410.00 BFR
- Mentioned in
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Siera memento of tubes and models 1932-1946)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- -- Original prospect or advert (Siera Radio Modèles 1939)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- -- Schematic (Philips 470U)
- Model page created by John Koster. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 440 models, 400 with images and 178 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Siera; Belgien