- Manufacturer / Brand
- Telefunken Deutschland (TFK), (Gesellschaft für drahtlose Telegraphie Telefunken mbH
- Car Radio, perhaps also + sound player/recorder
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 490 kHz
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Storage Battery for all (e.g. for car radios and amateur radios) / 6/12 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: IA39 - Telefunken Deutschland TFK,
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 275 x 170 x 154 mm / 10.8 x 6.7 x 6.1 inch
- Bedienteil mit 2 biegsamen Wellen von VDO. Deshalb VDO-Telefunken auf der Skala. Zweitlautsprecherausgang.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 8.5 kg / 18 lb 11.6 oz (18.722 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 325.00 RM
- Source of data
- Handbuch WDRG 1939 / Radiokatalog Band 1, Ernst Erb
- Circuit diagram reference
- Other Models
Here you find 3517 models, 3092 with images and 2060 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Telefunken Deutschland (TFK), (Gesellschaft für drahtlose Telegraphie Telefunken mbH
The model is part of the collections of the following members.
Forum contributions about this model: Telefunken: IA39
Threads: 1 | Posts: 1
For those who like to repair the famous early-age car radio made by Telefunken, IA39, here are some tips which I found useful:
1. IF transformers - the capacity is 200pF, not 175pF, as shown in the diagram taken from the Empfanger Schaltungen part IX. The condensers were wrong, so after careful selection of precise 200pF, I put new ones under the aluminium shield (ee the picture).
2. Small pF condesers HOGER glued in the ceramic cover were almost wrong, this is the well known problem of Telefunken sets made during 1939/40. Have to be changed.
3. Do not move the tuning ferrite cores - the danger of damage, they are very small and a special tool is needed to turn them. In my set, all coils were tuned well.
Some pictures showing details of electrical construction follow.
Overall view on the construction - the output transformer is not original one.
The tuning wheels - lubricate to make smooth operation.
The view on the DC/DC changer.
The layout of electrical components - the two upper condensers located near switch are changed.
IF coils - A: original condesers, damaged - B: replacement by proper ones.
Finalisation of restoration.
The box has been cleaned and painted by a black color. This set is a little bit modified, the output transformer is mounted into the radio. In the original description, the laudspeaker and the output transformer are attached on the to cover. Pictures from the original radio are at the end of this article.
The "not touched" receiver
Viktor Cingel, 31.May.09