Quad 77 FM Tuner 7734
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Acoustical Manufacturing Co. Ltd, The; Huntingdon
- 1997 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Quad
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- PLL, Phase-locked loop
- Wave bands
- FM Broadcast Band Only
- Radio Control (+Remote Wire etc)
- Power type and voltage
- Powered by external power supply or a main unit. / 30 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Various materials
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Quad 77 FM Tuner 7734 - Acoustical Manufacturing Co.
- Book-shelf unit.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 321 x 80 x 255 mm / 12.6 x 3.1 x 10 inch
This stereo hi-fi FM Tuner with RDS available in a nextel or carbon finish is a component in a Quad 77 series system. Remote control operation is via the Quad 77 System Console. Powered by the Quad 77 Integrated Amplifier or Quad 77 Preamplifier via Quad's Quadlink Bus which also handles Signal and Control functions. With two Quadlink connectors, coaxial sockets for aerial and cable, and RCA phono sockets for Line Output.
Specification Tuning Range 88-108 MHz Channel Spacing 50 KHz Sensitivity (30dB quieting) Mono 8dBuV (50dB quieting) Mono 18dBuV, Stereo 38dBuV Full Limiting <1uV (<1.2 dBf) Signal/Noise
(input signal 1KHz at 1mV, 'A' weighted)
Distortion (at 1 KHz +/- 75 KHz deviation) Mono 0.15%, Stereo 0.15% (at 1 KHz +/- 25 KHz deviation) Mono 0.05%, Stereo 0.1% Capture Ratio 1.5dB IF rejection 100dB AM suppression 60dB Image rejection 80dB Pilot tone suppression 60dB Cross talk -40dB (nominal at 1 KHz) Frequency response +0 -1dB, 20 Hz - 15 KHz Output level (at 30% modulation) 0.775V De-emphasis 50uS or 75uS Aerial input 75 ohms unbalanced
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 2.8 kg / 6 lb 2.7 oz (6.167 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 699.95 £
- Mentioned in
- Gramophone magazine Mar 1997 Quad 77 FM review
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (77 FM Tuner data sheet)
- Model page created by Howard Craven. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 37 models, 36 with images and 14 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Acoustical Manufacturing Co. Ltd, The; Huntingdon