661 or 661 Series B (661B)
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Emerson Radio & Phonograph Corp.; New York, NY
- Television Receiver (TV) or Monitor
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Emerson Television
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Valves / Tubes
- 6BC5 6CB6 6J6 6AU6 6AU6 6AU6 6AU6 6AL5 6AC7 6AU6 6AU6 6T8 6V6GT 12AU7 12AU7 6SN7GT 6K6GT 6SN7GT 6BG6G 6W4GT 1B3GT 5U4G 16GP4
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- VHF incl. FM and/or UHF (see notes for details)
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 115 Volt
- Permanent or electro-dynamic (moving coil), system not known yet.
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 661 or 661 Series B - Emerson Radio & Phonograph
- Console with any shape - in general
Emerson 661, Series B (661B): Round CRT 16" b/w TV with US FCC standard VHF tuner.
Usage of the 23 Tubes: 6BC5 1st RF Amp; 6CB6 2nd RF Amp; 6J6 Converter; 6AU6 1st Video IF Amp; 6AU6 2nd Video IF Amp; 6AU6 3rd Video IF Amp.= alt circuit in chassis 120134B; 6AU6 4th Video IF Amp = alt circuit as V6; 6AL5 Video Det+AGC; 6AC7 Video Amp; 6AU6 Sound IF Amp; 6AU6 Limiter; 6T8 Discr./AF Amp; 6V6GT Audio Output; 12AU7 1st Sync Sep/1st Sync Amp; 12AU7 2nd Sync. Sep./2nd Sync Amp+Sync Phase Inv; 6SN7GT Vert Mult; 6K6GT Vert Output; 6SN7GT Horiz. AFC/Horiz OSC; 6BG6G Horiz. Output; 6W4GT Damper; 1B3GT HV Rect; 5U4G LV Rect; 16GP4 Picture Tube.
The models in ads often don't carry the suffix B. On a folder (in green) we find part of this family of TV receivers with "rectangular" 16" screens (661B, 667B, 668B, 674B, 677B, 678B, 684B and 685B) plus a 14" 662 table model (bakelite, not shown is the 664 console 12") with Simplimatic Tuning, Built-in-Antenna as value leader, followed by the three 17" table models 676, 680 and 696 plus 17" consoles 686, 687; 19" console 688, 689 and 690 plus 20" consoles 692, 693 and 694. See also SAMS #148 with 676F,D, 681F, 686F, 686L, 687F, 687L, 696F and 696L plus SAMS #131 for 660B, 664B and 673B with chassis 120133-B. And for the year before the models TBD, 663 14" tabletop; model 666 with 16" as TV-AM-FM-phono receiver and model 669 with 19".
- Mentioned in
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Date 7-51, Set 137, Folder 4)
- Model page created by Ernst Erb. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 1966 models, 1086 with images and 1560 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Emerson Radio & Phonograph Corp.; New York, NY