APJ With 6AN7
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Pye Electronics Pty Ltd, Melbourne
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast plus more than 2 Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 200-220; 230-250 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 6 inch = 15.2 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: APJ [With 6AN7] - Pye Electronics Pty Ltd,
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 520 x 277 x 245 mm / 20.5 x 10.9 x 9.6 inch
The Pye APJ uses a slightly modified Astor GN chassis. Circuit values are otherwise the same.
This model has three band-spread short wave ranges, covering the 19, 25 and 31 metre bands.
WARNING - LETHAL VOLTAGE PRESENT
The output transformer is mounted on an insulated stand off from the chassis and its exposed metal frame is connected to B+!
- Price in first year of sale
- 44.75 AUS £
- Circuit diagram reference
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual Vol. X
- Mentioned in
- Silicon Chip Magazine, January 2017, Page 90.
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual AORSM (Volume 10, 1952, Page 237.)
- Model page created by Stuart Irwin. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 28 models, 21 with images and 18 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Pye Electronics Pty Ltd, Melbourne