- Manufacturer / Brand
- Hasler AG; Bern
- Television Receiver (TV) or Monitor
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Wave bands
- VHF incl. FM and/or UHF (see notes for details)
- Power type and voltage
- Line (AC, UC or DC not known)
- Permanent or electro-dynamic (moving coil), system not known yet.
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Landi - Hasler AG; Bern
- Console with any shape - in general
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 615 x 1250 x 438 mm / 24.2 x 49.2 x 17.2 inch
- Hasler "Landi";
s/w Fernsehempfänger, Bildröhre stehend mit Umlenkspiegel, hergestellt als Machbarkeitsstudie, keine Fertigung aufgrund fehlender Normen und Marktunsicherheit.
- Mentioned in
- Ausgestellt im Museum für Kommunikation, Bern, Schweiz 9808.553-115-1
- Model page created by a member from A. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 21 models, 20 with images and 4 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Hasler AG; Bern
Forum contributions about this model: Hasler AG; Bern: Landi
Threads: 1 | Posts: 1
Physics Professor Doctor Franz Tank of the Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule (ETH) constructed a television demonstration for the 1939 Swiss National Exhibition known as the "Landi". This included a complete television studio for the transmision of films and a number of prototype television receivers. Among these receivers was the Hasler Landi which used the same circuitry as the Marconiphone 702 and HMV 901 manufactured by the EMI company in the UK.
It is not known why Hasler did not simply offer one of the EMI products directly for the Landi exhibition. It is known that EMI had difficulty fulfilling the demand for television receivers at that time and this might explain why the Hasler Landi appears to have been constructed using EMI valves, cathode ray tube and chassis but with circuitry built using locally sourced components and a locally constructed cabinet.
The following article by Prof. Franz Tank describes the television studio displayed at the Landi exhibition and is reproduced by kind permission of Museum für Kommunikation, Bern.
Grateful thanks to Thomas Günzel for converting the original document to machine readable format.
Peter Scott, 10.Apr.17