Wireless Set No.19 Mk III (Mk 3)
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- MILITARY U.K. (different makers for same model)
- Commercial Transmitter & Receiver (TRX not Amateur)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Valves / Tubes
- 6K7G 6K8G 6K7G 6K7G 6B8G 6K8G EF50 6H6 or EB34 807 6K7G 6V6G 6V6G 6K7G 6K7G CV6 or E1148
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 465 kHz
- Wave bands
- Wave Bands given in the notes.
- Power type and voltage
- Storage Battery for all (e.g. for car radios and amateur radios) / 12/24 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Wireless Set No.19 Mk III - MILITARY U.K. different makers
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 445 x 210 x 300 mm / 17.5 x 8.3 x 11.8 inch
- Wireless Set No. 19 Mk III: Two-band high-power transceiver for armored fighting vehicles (AFV), trucks and stationary use. Operating modes: CW and AM. A-Set 2-8 MHz @ 5W (CW) / 2.5W (AM), B-Set 229-241 MHz @ 0,4W (AM).
With RF No.2 amplifier used with A-Set power output up to 70W (CW) / 18W (AM).
WS No.19 designed in the UK, manufactured in the UK, USA, Canada and Australia.
Many of these sets sent to Russia unter "Lend lease act" have english / kyrillic lettering, they are produced in Canada, show Your images of the W.S.19 Canada here.
One example of a W.S.19 refurbished in Italy by Geloso can be found here.
- Source of data
- -- Collector info (Sammler)
- Mentioned in
- Wireless for the Warrior; L.Meulstee
- Model page created by Hugo Sneyers. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 143 models, 110 with images and 47 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from MILITARY U.K. (different makers for same model)
Forum contributions about this model: MILITARY U.K.: Wireless Set No.19 Mk III
Threads: 2 | Posts: 3
The radio tubes 6K7 6K8 6B8 6V6 are the steel type.
Those tubes cannot be used in a WS 19, where glass tubes must be fitted.
So a "G" must be suffixed to these codes: 6K7G 6K8G 6B8G 6V6G.
Jan Terranea, 16.Apr.10
The original Wireless Set No. 19 from WWII has been produced under contract in Canada.
Some of this Canadian W.S.19 have been in use by the Italian Army, they have been refurbished by Italian Radio companies and an aluminium front panel with Italian language lettering has been added.
L. Meulstee refers to an set refurbished by ALADINA RADIO in Torino, mine was refurbished by DITTA F.I.E., Bolzano, see images of the set and typeplate on the model page.
Another W.S. 19 refurbished in Italy by Gelose in 1958 can be found here.
Martin Bösch, 13.Sep.08