5P31A Ch= HS-559
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Motorola Inc. (ex Galvin Mfg.Co. Chicago); Schaumburg (IL)
- 1957 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Batteries (any type) / (7.5; 90); AC/DC 117 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 4 inch = 10.2 cm
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 5P31A Ch= HS-559 - Motorola Inc. ex Galvin Mfg.Co
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 11 x 9 x 3 inch / 279 x 229 x 76 mm
Color=Gray & Tweed leatherette. See here about Tinkertoy technique. The Beitman R-18 shows the following models with this chassis HS-559: 5P31A, 5P32C, 5P32E, 5P32R and 5P32Y but also 5P33EW, 5P33VW and 5P33W for chassis HS-561. See also 66L1 and 66L2 with Tinkertoy technique.
- Circuit diagram reference
- Beitman Radio Diagrams Vol. 18, 1958
- Mentioned in
- Collector's Guide to Antique Radios (6th edition)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Set 363 Folder 14 Dated 7-57)
- Model page created by Egon Penker. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 4120 models, 2827 with images and 3753 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Motorola Inc. (ex Galvin Mfg.Co. Chicago); Schaumburg (IL)