- Manufacturer / Brand
- Grundig (Radio-Vertrieb, RVF, Radiowerke)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Grundig Portugal || Grundig USA / Lextronix
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 460 kHz; Export model
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s) 10 FM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Short Wave plus FM or UHF.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110 - 120 Volt
- 3 Loudspeakers
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Majestic 1088-USA - Grundig Radio-Vertrieb, RVF,
- Tablemodel with Push Buttons.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 18.5 x 13 x 8.75 inch / 470 x 330 x 222 mm
- USA-Version des Musikgerätes 1088: UKW 88-108MHz, keine Langwelle, 1 dyn. Breitbandlautsprecher, 2 stat.Hochtöner, Frequenzskala. US version of the German Grundig Musikgerät 1088: FM 88-108Mc, no LW, 1 Pdyn woofer, 2 el.static tweeters, dial in frequencies (no station names).
- Mentioned in
- Motorola Service Manual
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Date 8-58, Set 408, Folder 8)
- Model page created by Konrad Birkner † 12.08.2014. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 6145 models, 5361 with images and 4149 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Grundig (Radio-Vertrieb, RVF, Radiowerke)
Forum contributions about this model: Grundig Radio-: Majestic 1088-USA
Threads: 1 | Posts: 3
I knew that the FM local oscillator was not working because although I could receive nothing except for a small place on the dial that I get 2 stations at once, I could get other stations when I swept my test oscillator up and down the dial.
I re-tested the ECC85 tube (RF amp. and local oscilllator). The mutual conductance checker tested it as questionable or marginal. The emission tester indicated that it is good on both sections. I raised the filament voltage 50% for a period of time in an atempt to rejuvenate it. When I put the tube back in place. the radio played nicely! It seems that a marginal tube will not work for the RF amp. and local oscilllator.
I do not hear anything from the electrostatic speakers that are mounted on the left and right sides. Apparently they will need to be replaced. Does anyone knw where to get a pair?
Steven Sostrom, 13.Apr.05