Opus 7 HiFi-System Licensed by Armstrong textile grille
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Telefunken Deutschland (TFK), (Gesellschaft für drahtlose Telegraphie Telefunken mbH
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 460/10700 kHz; Export model
- Tuned circuits
- 8 AM circuit(s) 12 FM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave, Short Wave plus FM or UHF.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110-120 Volt
- 6 Loudspeakers
- Power out
- 10 W (unknown quality)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Opus 7 HiFi-System Licensed by Armstrong [textile grille] - Telefunken Deutschland TFK,
- Tablemodel with Push Buttons.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 660 x 415 x 280 mm / 26 x 16.3 x 11 inch
- Export model Telefunken Opus 7 is shown in the Photofact Index as being the same as export model Telefunken Opus 6 which is documented clarly in that said set 341 folder 16 from 12-56 Folder. But Opus 7 has at least the 5 additional push buttons for "Solo, Jazz, Orchester, Bass and Intim" in front of the normal 8 push buttons (both models show). There are at least Version A and B or Chassis. The Opus 7 has been made in two quite different cabinets. One has the usual textile speaker grille in front, the other has vertical wooden bars in front and ony cut outs at the sides in the woods for the other speakers. You find two different pages for them - but not different wones for the color variants which show also different glass scales and knobs.
Until we can deliver schematics for the Opus 7 USA we leave the Opus 6 USA schematics according with SAMS also on model Opus 7 USA. Power Supply 60 Cycles. Supplier was American Elite, Inc., 7 Park Ave., New York.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 15.8 kg / 34 lb 12.8 oz (34.802 lb)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Other Models
Here you find 3505 models, 3078 with images and 2049 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Telefunken Deutschland (TFK), (Gesellschaft für drahtlose Telegraphie Telefunken mbH
Forum contributions about this model: Telefunken: Opus 7 HiFi-System Licensed by Armstrong
Threads: 4 | Posts: 12
C2 an electrolytic with + to ground was not replaced. Once replace the
Tuning eye now properly responds.
I checked the cap on a new cap meter and read 2.2 uf. So that did not tell
me any thing. I hooked it up (old C2) to the simple RF gen and O-scope ESR jig and
read about 8 ohms. Now I do not know if that is acceptable for a 2 uf electrolytic but the new 2.2uf 100v cap fixed the problem.
Paul E. Pinyot † 2013, 16.Mar.10
Dennis LaCour, 21.Nov.07
When my radio is powered up the reading on my radio is 233 VDC for the B+ after the selenium bridge rectifier.
Omer Suleimanagich, 29.Dec.05
Can someone provide any information for the original power (mains) transformer for this radio.
What would be a good replacement power transformer, what is the voltage and mA for the B+, and what is the amperage rating for the filament?
Does anyone have any information for the orginal "Hannover" transfomer?
The present transformer works but is vibrating (I did tighten the four bolts to the trans).
Any sugestions on what should be done?
Omer Suleimanagich, 21.Nov.05